- Community & Youth Outreach Bureau
- Blue Springs Watch
Blue Springs Watch
The Blue Springs Watch program, simply stated, is a city-wide neighborhood watch collaboration. One of the best tools available for identifying and prosecuting criminal activity is the use of video surveillance. Many businesses and homes in Blue Springs are equipped with video cameras to help keep them safe. What the Blue Springs watch program does is let the Blue Springs Police Department know what businesses and homes have these camera systems.
The Blue Springs Police Department is asking residents and businesses across the city to register their privately-owned video surveillance systems. This proactive approach in coordinating who has video surveillance in the city can play a major role in the identification of suspects and evidence of crimes. When responding to calls for service, Blue Springs Police Officers and Detectives can use the information on where different surveillance cameras are to help them investigate, substantiate or dispute claims of criminal activity.
What the Blue Springs Watch Is:
- A great crime deterrent. Video surveillance can offer some of the best leads when investigating a crime, and with an entire city working together, criminals will be far more likely to be apprehended.
- A 100% voluntary way to inform the BSPD that you have video cameras on your house or business so that if a crime occurs in the area, we would be able to contact you to see if your cameras might have witnessed the event happen or may have seen something that could help with the investigation
- A community wide effort to not only help prevent crime, but to be able to help hold those persons accountable for their actions.
- Easy to register and you can opt out at any time after registration.
What the Blue Springs Watch Isn’t:
- Not Big Brother- It is not a way for BSPD to constantly monitor everyone’s video surveillance cameras at one time.
- Not Mandatory
- Registration does not ask for any other information other than contact information, and should you choose, amount, physical location and direction of the view of your cameras.
- Not public knowledge- the information provided to the BSPD regarding your camera systems will be for official use only. Your personal information will remain confidential and not be distributed except as required by law or a court order.
Once you have registered your camera with Blue Springs Watch, you will only be contacted by the BSPD if there is a criminal incident that occurs in general proximity to your cameras. In such an instance, Police Officers and/or Detectives may request to view your camera footage in order to assist with the investigation.
Help us make it harder than ever for criminals to commit crimes in Blue Springs without consequences.
If you would like to participate in the Blue Springs Watch program and help the BSPD solve more crimes, please complete the online form. Again, all information provided will be for official use only and will remain confidential.
If you have any problems with the online registration form or have any questions that are not answered on this site, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org