Applying for a Job
Applying for a Job with the City
The City of Blue Springs is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit. We strive to ensure each employee a discrimination-free workplace and have a strong commitment to equal employment opportunities. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce.
Hiring decisions are contingent upon satisfactory results of a physical examination, including a drug and alcohol use and misuse screening, and a review of the results of a pre-employment background check.How to Apply
View and apply for open positions through the Online Employment Recruitment System.
More Ways to get Job Opening Information
- Calling our 24-hour Job Hotline at (816) 228-0290 (recorded message of current job openings)
- Visiting Human Resources between 8:00 am and 5:00 am, Monday - Friday (except legal holidays)
- View Job Openings Online
- Please note: All applications are through the Online Employment Recruitment System. Please ensure a valid e-mail address as this will be utilized for communication from the City.
- Applications are accepted only for open positions that have been announced and for which we are actively recruiting. Applications are not accepted unless the position is open.
- Applications must be received no later than the recruitment deadline.
- If you have submitted your application previously, and are interested in a new opening, you must complete a new application. Previous applications cannot be transferred to other positions.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed online application, but may be submitted as an attachment to the online application.