During the April 20, 2020 City Council meeting, the council adopted a resolution to approve temporary changes to the enforcement of the City’s Code of Ordinances related to liquor license and distribution in accordance with new State guidelines during the COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Order.
The changes would extend the deadlines and expiration dates for liquor license renewals to be submitted to the City by June 30, 2020 and then approved by the City Council in July. Normally, all liquor license renewal documents are required to be submitted by May 30. This will allow businesses an extra month to submit their application and payment. The City will also allow customers to make online credit card payments rather than requiring certified funds during this time.
In addition, the City will allow, and will not enforce, restrictions in the City’s Code of Ordinances for the sale of retailer-packaged alcoholic drinks. This is in compliance with the Missouri Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Control (ATC) Emergency Waiver which temporarily waives restrictions to permit sales of retailer-packaged alcoholic drinks in response to COVID-19. The waivers are set to expire on May 15, 2020. This allows retailers with active liquor licenses the curbside sale of alcohol as long as the following criteria are met:
- The alcohol container must be durable, leak-proof, and sealable, and meet the minimum size requirements outlined in the Emergency Waiver.
- The patron must have ordered and purchased a meal simultaneous with the liquor purchase;
- The licensee must provide the patron with a dated receipt for the alcohol beverage(s); and
- The sealed alcohol container must either be:
- Placed in a one-time-use, tamperproof, transparent bag which must be securely sealed; or
- The container opening must be sealed with tamperproof tape.
Please visit our City’s website at www.bluespringsgov.com/COVID19 for all COVID-19-related updates and information. For more information about the Jackson County Order, please visit www.jacksongov.org.
Stay Connected: Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bluespringsgov, Twitter at www.twitter.com/BlueSpringsGov, Instagram @cityofbluesprings and Nextdoor.com.