Blue Springs, MO – Due to an increase in motor vehicle thefts in our area, the Blue Springs Police Department has some tips to make your vehicle a less appealing to thieves.
Things You Can Do to Reduce Your Risk:
1. Always lock your vehicle.
2. Never leave your vehicle with the engine running and always take your keys out of the ignition – no matter how briefly you are stepping away.
3. Close all the windows and your sunroof.
4. Avoid leaving valuables or personal information visible in your vehicle.
5. If you can, park in your garage to protect your vehicle.
6. Consider investing in extra security such as remote starts, auto alarms or automated GIS locator systems. Thieves are reluctant to steal a vehicle if they know it can be recovered quickly. Insurers may offer discounts for these types of systems.
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/BlueSpringsGov or become "fans" of the City's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bluespringsgov. Links to both sites can be found by visiting the City’s Web site at www.bluespringsgov.com.