Rental InformationSeveral of the city's picnic shelters and facilities are available for reservation. Choose a date, time, and facility, then call the administrative office at 816-228-0137, come to the Fieldhouse, 425 NE Mock, to make a reservation or reserve online. Payment is due when reservation is made. The following policies apply to reservations:
- Shelters and facilities may be reserved up to 1 year in advance of the desired date. The only exception is Hidden Valley shelter, which may be reserved 30 days in advance.
- Shelter reservation fees are due at the time of reservation. (We cannot hold reservations without payment.) Phone reservations may be paid with a Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit or debit card.
- A permit will be issued and must be with you during the use of the shelter or facility, as proof of your reservation.
- Requests for refunds or transfers must be made prior to reservation date and time. All Facility Reservation Contract paperwork must be returned to the Parks and Recreation Counter prior to the contract reservation date and time and no later than the last Parks and Recreation business day of operation by 3 p.m. before refund or transfer can be processed. Requests for refunds are subject to a $7 administrative processing charge, and transfers are subject to a $5 transfer fee.
- Some events require a Park or Shelter Special Use Permit in addition to a shelter reservation. See special use permits to see if your event meets the criteria.
- Park restrooms are generally closed around the 1st week of November through the last week of March. These dates are subject to change depending on weather conditions.
- Trash is emptied and shelters are cleaned on a regular basis by Parks Department personnel. However, due to frequent use and exposure to the elements, we recommend that you check your site prior to your reservation for shelter condition. Please think of others, leave the shelter and tables clean for the next user. Shelter reservations guarantee use of the shelter only - no other conditions implied.
- Reserve a shelter online..
- All park ordinances (PDF) apply.
|Park Name||Shelter|| Cost
(per 5 hours)
||Size||Number of Picnic Tables||Seating Capacity||Handicap Accessible||Water Key||Water Fountains|
|Baumgardner Park||Shelter #1||$60||40'x50'||16||128||X||X|
|Blue Springs Park||Shelter #1||$30||30'x45'||12||96||X||X|
|Blue Springs Park||Shelter #2||$30||20'x28'||6||48||X||X|
|Hidden Valley Park||Shelter #1||$60||
|Keystone Park||Shelter #1||$30||50' Diameter||6||48||
|Old Mill Park||Shelter #1||**||20'x60'||16||96||X||X|
|Old Mill Park||Shelter #2||**||20'x40'||12
|Pink Hill Park||Shelter #1||$30||22'x24'||6||48||X||X|
|Pink Hill Park||Shelter #2||$30||22'x40'||10||80||X||X|
|Pink Hill Park||Shelter #3||$30||22'x40'||10||80||X||X|
|Pink Hill Park||Shelter #4||$30||22'x24'||6||48||X||X|
|Pink Hill Park||Shelter #5||$30||22'x24'||6||48||X|
|Rotary Park||Gazebo||$30|| 22'
|Rotary Park||Shelter #1||$30||36'x24'||8||64||X|
|Rotary Park||Shelter #2||$30||28'x16'||4||32||
|Ward Park||Shelter #1||$30||20'x28'||6||48||X||X|
|Ward Park||Shelter #2||$30||16'x20'||4||32||X|
|Wilbur Young Park||Shelter #1||$60||30'x64'||15||120||X||X|
** Shelters for Old Mill Park have seasonal rates from Memorial Day to Labor Day. During the peak season, Old Mill shelter houses are reserved in 3-hour blocks Monday through Friday and for the entire day on Saturdays and Sundays. During the non-peak season, Shelter #1 is $60 per five-hour blocks and Shelter #2 is $30 per five-hour block.
- Old Mill Shelter #1 Monday-Friday: $75 per 3-hour block
- Old Mill Shelter #2 Monday-Friday: $50 per 3-hour block
- Old Mill Shelter #1 Saturday-Sunday: $150 per day
- Old Mill Shelter #2 Saturday-Sunday: $100 per day